Inspired by female condoms as a powerful tool for protection and pleasure a group of advocates founded Global Female Condom Day (GFCD) in 2012. Advocates across the globe now recognize September 16 as an international day of action focused on increasing knowledge, availability, and use of female condoms.
The organizing partners of Global Female Condom Day include:
- National Female Condom Coalition (NFCC)
- Universal Access to Female Condoms Joint Programme (UAFC)
- Center for Health and Gender Equity (CHANGE)
- Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
- Centro de investigación y Promoción para America Central (CIPAC)
At its core, GFCD is about community mobilization. Any person or group can participate through efforts small or large. Our organized and collective action at community and country levels contributes to a strong global female condom message.
Take action in 2016 XXXXXX
We invite individuals and organizations to share their stories advocating for increased availability in their communities and countries. Examples from across the globe will be featured on the GFCD website and inspire other advocates to take action. Are you a female condom advocacy superstar? Tell us about your female condom advocacy work. Submit your information here.